Mountbatten Learning Systems
|Mountbatten Learning System||$0.00
Hint Copy and paste description
As prices are subject to exchange rate variations, please email us to obtain a current quote.
Work in Braille and produce print.
Work in print and produce Braille.
It is that simple!
The Mountbatten Learning System is the complete Braille learning centre for children and their teachers. Extensive research and development has resulted in a design suitable for the very first stages of Braille instruction through to high school and even beyond. A professional resource, the Mountbatten Learning System offers exceptional connectivity and software to support flexible teaching and educational needs.
As a simple tool it can be used to develop awareness of Braille symbols and characters.
An easy correct and erase function means children are more willing to write their ideas.
Audio response reinforces learning and tells you what commands are being entered.
With the addition of a MIMic visual display, teacher supervision becomes easy and continuous.
Connect a PC keyboard to enable sighted teachers, peers and even family to write in Braille.
Braille-to-print as well as print-to-Braille translation available.
It can be used as a graphics embosser encouraging the development of tactual skills.
In the MB Learning System a voice synthesiser enables file management and text editing.
Connect the Mountbatten to a PC and send files back and forward.
Literacy is basic to all learning, and learning is fundamental to every child's success.
Literacy through Braille opens new pathways of communication and expression,
addressing need that cannot be fulfilled by verbal and audio methods.
Uses a limited command set to facilitate the introduction of the Mountbatten to new students. All key presses are spoken and the command key is enabled.
Enables students to use all features of the Mountbatten once they have learned the basics of Braille in Learn Mode.
- All keys have been arranged ergonomically to fit fingers comfortably.
- Texture, shape and colour support identification.
- A light touch response enables ease of use and hours of brailling.
- Simple correction and erasing function.
- Can be set in one-handed mode if required.
- Turns the Mountbatten ON and OFF.
- A practical way of resetting the Mountbatten.
The MIMic Visual Display connects to the allocated MIMic Serial port. This LCD display allows easy supervision by sighted teachers. It can store up to 32 pages of Braille, enabling review of Braille in progress or to check back over previous work. Battery operated and portable.
A PC Keyboard connects to the PS2 port using a standard keyboard connector. By connecting a PC keyboard, you can type text and produce Braille, and hear it supported by audio response.
This allows for PC keyboard skills training and is useful to involve peers and classmates in Braille writing. As well as being an ideal teacher tool for preparing Braille materials for the classroom.
Print text documents as they are being brailled, or send a file already stored in the memory of the Mountbatten directly to the text printer.
- Audio response indicates default settings on start-up, speaks commands and individual letters.
- Speech feedback enhances the learning process.
- With the MB Pro, a speech synthesiser is included. Allows for full editing of documents.
- Headphones [Connect via socket using standard headphone jack]
Individualise learning by plugging in standard headphones and listening to the voice response.
- AC Main Pack (220 V) [Connect using 5-male plug]
- Charger pack (12 V DC) [Connect via socket using standard jack]
Supplied with the Mountbatten.
Alternative Braille Keyboard
May be used to connect a custom made keyboard for special needs.