Romeo Pro 50 Braille Embosser
Price: $5428.12 Add to cart
The new Romeo Pro 50 is a rugged single-sided embosser built on the Romeo 25's heritage of outstanding Braille quality and durability.
Romeo Pro 50 looks just like Romeo 25, but there's more than ever inside the transportable, convenient case. At 50 characters per second, it's twice the speed of the Romeo 25 and comes already loaded with all the standard features of larger embossers. Perfect for schools, small offices, and personal use, Romeo Pro 50 is the best single-sided value ever.
Romeo Pro 50's standard features include ET Speaks, our fast and flexible speech system, and Single Sheet Tractors. ET Speaks comes up talking automatically without ever slowing you down. Even while echoing the commands you enter on Romeo Pro 50's keypad, ET Speaks can still keep working as the voice of your DoubleTalk LT-compatible screen reader and play WAV and other audio files in DOS and Windows. Single Sheet Tractors let you hand-feed non-tractor paper, like letterhead or other special media, one sheet at a time.
Other standard features on Romeo Pro 50 include Dynamic Braille Scaling, as well as graphics in two intensities, normal and high resolution. Dynamic Braille Scaling lets you change Braille sizes, even within a document, from Library of Congress Braille to California sign Braille, Jumbo Braille, standard Braille with increased line spacing or the smaller Braille often preferred by many Japanese customers. With Romeo Pro 50's two graphics modes, you can make Braille graphics at normal intensity for large shapes or at high resolution for better detail.
Romeo Pro 50 comes ready to work with your IBM-compatible PC's parallel port and has a 9-pin serial port, plus an additional serial port for connecting ET Speaks to your computer whenever you need it to read your screen or play audio files. Sixteen menus allow you to customize your embosser for every task you need. Adjust for 6 or 8-dot Braille, even print sideways. Adjust your Romeo Pro 50 to make multiple strikes per character for extra-emphasized dots or to allow for heavier materials. Use a variety of paper sizes. Reprint up to 99 copies of one document automatically with Multi-Copy.
• Print Speed: 50 characters per second.
• Line Width: 40 characters with Library of Congress spacing.
• Paper: Continuous tractor feed paper.
• Width: Adjustable. 3.8 to 33.6 cm.
• Paper Length: Selectable. 7.6 to 35.6 cm.
• Paper Weight: Variable.
• Width: 53.9 cm.
• Depth: 33.6 cm.
• Height: 20.9 cm; 15.2 cm without lid.
• Weight: 14.5 kg.
• Sound Level: 75 DBA. Sound level may vary with ambient conditions.
• Case Style: Attaché, with handle.
• Temperatures: Operating: 2 C to 49 C. Storage: Minus -48 C to 80 C.
• Humidity: Operating or Storage: 10% to 95% non-condensing.
• Shock: 1 metre drop (approximately 5G).
• Line Voltage: User Switchable, 210-260 VAC.
• Amperage: 0.50 Amperes (210-260 VAC).
• Wattage: (Approximate) 200 (14.5 in low power mode).
• Interface: (Port 1) Centronics Compatible Parallel. (Port 2) Asynchronous Serial EIA RS-232D, DTE. (Port 3) ET Speaks, Serial.
Related ProductsCipher Braille Translator Software
Duxbury Text to Braille Translator