Windbag 3 Software
Price: $478.00 Add to cart
A text based communication system for Windows
Windbag is a text based communication aid program for people with literacy skills. It provides many ways to store and retrieve messages.
It has two main screens - the chat box and the phrase bank.
- Type and speak your messages.
- Use abbreviations.
- Predctive typing to speed up input.
- Smart context based message store.
- Speak from the clipboard.
- Use recorded or synthetic messages.
- Works with most text to speech systems for Windows.
- Use Windbag to read back text created in other programs.
The Windbag Chat Box
The chat box allows you to speak as you type for free conversation. It contains a number of tools to speed up the rate of speech:
- Type in messages with abbreviation expansion and word prediction.
- Speak pre-stored texts by line, sentence or paragraph - or speak selected text.
- Instant responses with a single key.
- 26 instant messages with two keys.
- Load and save the contents of many chat boxes for future use - ideal for presentations.
The Windbag Phrase Bank
The phrase bank provides an easy method to speak out commonly used messages very quickly. Messages may be in synthetic or digitised speech.
- Messages are automatically searched as you type in the chat box
- Intuitive phrase bank with messages arranged by topic.
- Store any number of phrases.
- Have common messages recorded by a friend.
- Leave gaps in messages to fill in as you speak.
- For users who cannot use the keyboard, Windbag is compatible with all alternative access methods. In particular, our on-screen keyboard, The Grid, provides a very efficient control of Windbag for switch users.